Superior Group of Companies™, formerly Superior Uniform Group, established in 1920, is a combination of companies that help customers unlock the power of their brands by creating extraordinary brand experiences for employees and customers. It provides customized support for each of its divisions through its shared services model.
Fashion Seal Healthcare®, HPI™ and CID Resources are signature uniform brands of Superior Group of Companies. Each is one of America’s leading providers of uniforms and image apparel in the markets it serves. They specialize in innovative uniform program design, global manufacturing, and state-of-the-art distribution. Every workday, more than 6 million Americans go to work wearing a uniform from Superior Group of Companies.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing multi-state, multi-company payroll for 500+ employees.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of clerical tasks including: employee data maintenance, ensuring proper deductions, processing of payroll-reconciling reports, and investigation of all current payroll auditing reports.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processes payroll (includes reviewing all hourly timecards and correcting any errors) on a bi-weekly basis
• Partners with Sr. Payroll Specialist to execute payroll garnishments in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations
• Reconciles paid time off accruals and researches any variances or discrepancies
• Audits employee personal information in the database
• Prepares and submits payroll documents each pay period, researches payroll errors, and adjusts accordingly
• Processes required documents for all employee deductions, and processes all change forms
• Creates customized reports as requested
• Provides support to all levels of system users
• Supports internal and external audits by searching for requested information
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience processing payroll for a workforce of 500+ employees
• Experience working in multi-state payroll
• Extensive data entry skills, and MS Word proficiency required
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Minimum of 1 year experience using HRIS software, preferably ADP, or similar systems
• Two-year or four-year degree preferred
• Payroll or HR certification preferred
• Deliberative Decision Making – Gathering, considering and evaluating all relevant information to make logical conclusions before taking action; putting aside personal biases and taking an objective approach to making decisions based on data or other pertinent facts
• Analytical Thinking – Having the capability and the inclination to identify and synthesize information from diverse sources by looking for patterns in data, making connections between seemingly unrelated events, and understanding how different parts of a system are interdependent
• Learning Agility – Discerning patterns in data, recognizing relationships between concepts, and rapidly applying learning from one context to solve analogous problems in different contexts
• Scientific Acumen – Consistently and appropriately implementing best practices in scientific inquiry and empirical reasoning to identify trends in data; conducting all research, analyses and interpretation in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the appropriate scientific community
• Information Seeking – Possessing an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues; going beyond routine questions and digging for exact information to resolve discrepancies
• Quality Focus – Managing efficiency, accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the work one produces; also recommending improvements in procedures to continually improve the quality of work produced
• Time Management – Managing multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important, time-sensitive tasks
**Along with a generous Compensation Package, the company offers an excellent Benefits Package, including Medical, Dental, a Defined Contribution Plan (e.g. 401(k)), Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, a Flexible Spending Account and Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Apply Now
It’s rewarding working at a place that gives back in so many ways. Superior Uniform is part of the Adopt-A-Shore program and has been hosting on-site blood drives since 1987! Participating in these activities really makes me feel like part of a great team.
I’ve been a part of the Superior family for six years… and appreciate all of the extras offered. Like an on-site Yoga class, a walking program and monthly wellness and nutrition seminars. It feels good knowing I’m important to the company as a person.
The average employee tenure at Superior Group of Companies is 15 years and I’ve personally been part of the Superior Group of Companies family for 14 years. I am delighted to work for a company that provides such great job stability for their employees.
I’m proud to be part of such a wildly diverse team of talent. No matter how different our backgrounds and skill sets might be, each of us is appreciated for our contribution to our common goals. To me, that is truly the meaning of teamwork.
Superior is a publicly traded company who does business nationally… but here I’m not just a number. The opportunity for career enrichment is unlimited and my ideas are taken seriously.
Fashion Seal Healthcare provides cutting edge uniform programs and image apparel for our customers. It makes me proud to be part of a company that continually strives for apparel innovation, and is recognized for it within the textile industry.